Sunday, January 11, 2009

Monopoly progress



Well, I've finished the third side of the board, and I'm starting on the home stretch. (Well...there is the pesky logo in the middle of the board, so I can't REALLY say I'm 3/4 of the way done, but....at least there is an end in sight).

I'm trying to get back into a normal rotation. I'm working on Monopoly, BoInk, Angel of Cross Stitch, and MawMaw's Quilt (at home - trying to do one week at a time on each, switching over on Sundays).
At work I've started on my Victorian Dollhouse, which is going to be a LONG slow process (finished size is 13 x 17 or something like that!).
My travel projects are two Lizzie Kate Snippets - one of them says "Work Hard, Pray Long, Trust God" and the other one says "Live Simply, Laugh Often, Love Deeply". I'm thinking I'm going to finish them into either a two sided flat fold or a cube of some kind and give them to my niece. She and her hubby are the parents of four kids...two of whom have had rough stuff in their short lives (Dominique - the oldest - was a 2 lb. 2 oz premie, and Anthony - the youngest - was our little cancer patient this past summer). Both of them are AWESOME now, and my niece and her hubby struggle to make ends meet, but they are the happiest little family ever. So...they live by those mottoes, and I'd like to reinforce them for them!

I will be better about posting progress....and I do appreciate everyone's feedback!
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Debbie Jo said...

You sure have done wonderful on Monopoly! Will be watching for more progress.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW that is really coming along nicely.

I love the idea of doing those two LK pieces.... they are great reminders....

Meari said...

Nice progress!

Jane said...

Wow, fantastic progress.

Emily in NC said...

Looks like you are almost done. Can't wait to see what it looks likes finished.

Carolyn NC said...

This looks great, Kathy! And what a swwet gift for your niece!

Twana said...

Monopoly is looking great!

Jackie in CT said...

Looking great!! Glad to see you back and posting both here and at CCS...

Just a couple more days until the next BoInk installment!!

Nancy M said...

The end is certainly near! Good luck with the rotation and you should be able to add another one soon!

Rene la Frog said...

WOW Monopoly looks fantastic...great progress.

The idea for your neice and family sounds perfect.

Janine said...

Fantastic Kathy.

Beth said...

Monopoly looks AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see it finished! Great work!

Anonymous said...

You do wonderful work. Someday I hope to get busy on my Monopoly. :)

Katrien said...

wow, it's gorgeous Kathy.

Cathy said...

Wow Monopoly is really coming along. I have the same rotation schedule as you - I switch projects on Sunday.

Cindy F. said...

EXCELLENT PROGRESS KATHY!! It's amazing!
What a sweet and thoughtful thing for you to do for your niece and her family:)

WTF Are You Reading said...

The Monopoly board looks wonderful. You are so close to the end now.