Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Update

Here's my progress on "Stop and Stitch the Flowers". It's a Blue Ribbon Designs pattern, and it's fun to stitch. I've been pretty much stitching one block at a time. I kind of do the green lines until I either finish a box or run out of the piece of floss, then I go back and fill in the blocks that I've finished. The reason for the empty boxes down the center is those overlap two pages of the pattern, and I just hadn't wanted to fool around with making a working copy and taping it together. I had to do that for the fow with the "5" and "6" in it, so I did the vertical ones too, just haven't stitched them yet. Obviously, there is a whole other right hand side to this pattern - it will be 10 boxes by 10 boxes when it's done. I really love all the different flowers all over this. The outer border will actually be wider too - it calls for either four rows of cross stitches or a row of cross stitches, a row of a specialty stitch (can't remember what it's called, but it's two rows wide) and then one more row of cross stitches. I'm going to play with the specialty stitch and see if I like it or not! LOL

Thanks for checking it out! Now it's on to MawMaw's Quilt for the week!
Posted by Picasa

Monday, July 20, 2009

Two out of three snowmen done

Well, I finished "Willy" the second of my three snowmen....still have "Milly" to do. The pattern is a "Stitchy Kitty" pattern called "Snowman Trio". The fabric is a little blue-er than the picture shows. The pattern also calls for buttons to get attached in the snowmen's arms. Chilly has a couple of snowflakes to hold on to, Willy is holding a cardinal and a bluebird, and Milly is holding a couple of hearts.

I think I'm going to create my own tri-fold out of these when they're done. My thinking is to mount each one individually on a piece of matboard or foam core (with some quilt batting) and then do three more pieces of matboard covered with quilt batting and fabric (I'm thinking of - if I can find it - white fabric with light blue snowflakes...if not, I'll find something with snowflakes or snowmen on it).

Then my thinking is to take one stitched piece and one fabric covered piece, and put them together with ribbons between them (like 1/3 of the way down from the top and a 1/3 of the way up from the bottom). If I do that with two of them (with the ribbons coming out of opposite sides on each) and then sandwich the ends of those ribbons between the third set, I think it will work as a tri-fold. (Notice - I said I THINK!) If anyone else has any brilliant ideas to contribute....please feel free to chime in!

Thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Angel of Cross Stitch Update is my latest progress on my Angel....slowly but surely I'm making progress. The part I'm working on right now shouldn't be too bad....not as many confetti stitches as some of the other parts. Just lots of shades of white and gray!!

Thanks for checking it out!
Posted by Picasa

Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Start

This is my new project that I started when I finished the heart. I wasn't going to bother to post a picture of it because I didn't think I'd have made enough progress to look like anything. It's just a little piece - it's only a little over 2 inches across and maybe 6 inches tall.

When all is said and done it's going to have quite a few specialty stitches in it - so far there are just some long stitches in the upper left hand corner in the middle of the flowers. And the border is stitched with some overdyed floss from Threadworx in a really pretty turquoise blue.

This is a Sweetheart Tree pattern all revolving around the month of March - my aunt (who is also my Godmother) was born in March and this is her birthday gift for next year.

Thanks for checking it out!
Posted by Picasa

Saturday, July 11, 2009

A finish!

This was a quick stitch - it's only about 5 x 7 (don't have the stitch count in front of me). All full stitches, a little bit of back stitching, and some beading. It calls for a bumble bee button (I bought one that's too big) on the yellow part (that looks kind of like a honeycomb). But....I'm okay without it. I think it's just fine! LOL

Thanks for checking it out!!
Posted by Picasa

Sunday, July 5, 2009

MawMaw's Quilt Update

Well, another week and I've finished off the one diamond in the lower right corner, along with the half one on the right hand side. I also started the top right hand corner.....that one should finish up pretty quickly the next time!

I really do like this pattern - although it does take a lot of focus for me - it's on 40 count linen, and just such teeny tiny stitches! LOL

Thanks for checking it out!
Posted by Picasa