Saturday, April 11, 2009

One Snowman Down, Two to Go!

Well, I finished one of the three snowmen that are part of the Snowman Trio (still have Willy and Milly to go - I started one of them today, but I don't remember which one! LOL). This was a pretty easy stitch, no fractional stitches....just smyrna crosses for the snow flakes). The photo is a little misleading - the fabric is bluer than it looks (to me it looks gray in the picture, but it's really a light blue).

Thanks for checking it out! I think I'm going to make the three of them into flatfolds. I might (we'll see if I can work out the mechanics of it) try to make it into kind of a tri-fold thing. A friend of mine (thanks Cristin) had a great idea. I'm thinking I could mount the stitching one one piece of foamcore or matboard, and do the same with some complimentary fabric. Then I could kind of make "sandwiches" with those and connect them with wide ribbon of some kind. I'll have to play with it and see how it works.

Anyway....next post....Victorian dollhouse!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Carolyn's Crafts said...

Oh my goodness! I love love love the doll house! The snowman is very cute too!
Keep stitching so I can see another update! :) grin

Debbie Jo said...

How adorable that snowperson is! Can't wait to see his friends join him.

Carol said...

I love snowmen. This one looks great. Looking forward to seeing the others.

Rene la Frog said...

He is adorable....can't wait to see his partners. Think I'll have to search for the charts for those.

Nancy M said...

I love the house with details. I think its fun to stitch the little pieces within a piece! And the snowman??? Well I have that pattern too and it is so tempting to start.....but I'm trying to stay away from winter things right now! I don't know why I'm so drawn to them but really detest the winter! LOL

JessB said...

What a cute snowman! Your dollhouse is beautiful also. Keep up the great work.

Jess- ILCS

Robyn in Oz said...

Both stitching looks great. Really like snow'person''s hat!

Gabi said...

So adorable. Looking forward to see the 3 snowmen finished together