Monday, March 1, 2010

Angel of Cross Stitch

Well, another week of stitching on Angel of Cross Stitch. Got a little more done on the border. You can't see it because it's kind of "cream on cream", but the two lines within the flower border are all done. And I got some more of the turquoise and browns done along the top, and the upper right hand corner heart is done. Slowly but surely. I just looked back and realized htat the first progress picture I took of this project was in January 2008. So, I've passed the two year mark. Oh well, since I don't even know what I'm going to do with it, I guess it doesn't matter!

And...for those of you who knew I've been looking for either a new full time job or (ideally) a second part time job, I finally found one!!! It's been a year, almost exactly, and I found a job for three days a week, which was just what I needed. I'm working at my other job two days a week. So now I'm fully employed again! I start next Monday (the 8th). I'm really looking forward to it. I think that's part of why my stitching mojo has been a little lacking the last couple of weeks - I find I'm more productive when I'm busier.....lol

As always, thanks for checking out my blog, and thanks for all your comments!

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Vicky L said...

Your angel is so gorgeous. You are almost done with it and should be so proud of the finish. Keep up the good work. Congrats on the new job! Good luck to you!

Emily in NC said...

Congrats on the new job, less time for stitching but more money to spend.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you were able to find another job to complete your full week. They are so hard to come by these days. Your Angel is just beautiful.
Rae

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to find a part time job. You are nearly finished with your Angel, just keep stitching and it will be finished soon.

Marl

silentsgirl said...

Congratulations on the new job! They're so scarce, and you found TWO - I'm so glad for you. I'm loving the progress on Angel of Cross Stitch, and as someone keeps telling me about Summer at St. Simons, every little stitch gets you that much closer....

Carolyn NC said...

Slowly but surely - your AOCS is beautiful - so hard to believe it's been two years. I remember when you started it! Congrats on the new job!

Jane said...

congratulations on the new job, hope it all works out for you

Katrien said...

Congrats on your new job!
You're almost there with AoCS. She's absolutely stunning.

Shelley said...

Progress is progress no matter how small or unseen it is!!

Congratulations on the second job.

Carissa said...

Angel is just so pretty and congrats on finding another job!

Nancy M said...

You are really on the home stretch now. It doesn't matter the length of time to get there, just that you enjoy it when it's done!

Carol said...

Angel is looking good. Congratulations on the new job.

MaryT said...

Kathy really beautiful. You're going to be finished with her soon:0)

Terri said...

Looks fantastic :)

Jo said...

Your angel looks fabulous, well done. Congratulations on your new job.