Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Well, a few days late, but it was a holiday again!


I was actually almost done with this block when I took the picture of the other one, so I'm not as fast as it may seem.  This one has been done for a while, just hadn't done the "photo op" of it.

The next finish was Ice Queen - I changed the lettering from white to light blue because the white didn't show up enough against the fabric.  It may not look like it in this picture, but the blue is more visible than it looks.

Finally, an overall picture of where it stands right now.

I know the last time I talked about it, I mentioned a stitch count error on Snow Queen.  There is definitely a stitch count error on the individual pattern (it's 49 across, not 50, and one of the blocks is only 9 stitches across).  I e-mailed Lizzie Kate, but no one got back to me.  The good news is that the overall layout if you're combining all of them is laid out correctly - they only allowed 49 stitches across for that block, so no adjustment was needed.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Next up - maybe in a week or so (Martin Luther King Day?  Valentines Day?  LOL) I will have another page of my Chicago HAED.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years.....I am looking forward to 2013!  I actually got some stitchy gifts from my Dad - we draw names for Christmas (way too many people in our family!) and he got my name.  He gave me a Dimensions kit that is similar in style to one I stitched before (it's a winter scene), another funny one that says "If it's true a woman's work is never done, why bother starting", and one of the British cross stitch magazines.  When he asked me if I had any suggestions, I had just said a gift card, but he didn't want to take the easy way out.  I like what he picked out!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks fabulous!

Nancy M said...

Love the "girls" may have to add this one to my "boys"!

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh they look so cute! Your dad bought wonderful stitchy gifts. He's a keeper!

Online Timesheet said...

Thank you for posting this article.I can learn lot of things in your posting article.