Well, I finished my flatfold. I'm happy with the way it turned out (I bought some ribbon to use as trim, but decided not to apply it because it was too thin - I didn't realize when I bought it what I would be trying to use it for).
I love the idea of having a new technique to finish things other than framing. I think I'm going to use this technique to finish off the "I'd Rather Be 50 Than Pregnant" for Jodi. I figure purple fabric should be easy to come by!
The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that there are still marks from where the binder clips were holding it together. I'm hoping that over time those will disappear.