Monday, August 25, 2008

Monopoly Update

Here is my latest progress on Monopoly. My plan is to take a picture of the whole board when I finish this side (which will be my second side). I seem to get about a square and a half or so done each Sunday, depending on what else is going on. This coming Sunday will probably not see much stitching time - I have tickets to the matinee of "A Chorus Line" (the last event of our season tickets for this year) and then a friend is having his annual Labor Day weekend barbecue (on Sunday as well). So...not a lot of spare time...oh well!

And I think I have a solution to my issue of getting so tired of stitching the border on Angel of Cross Stitch. Someone suggested that I do a little bit at a time (which was kind of a "d'uh" moment for me - why I didn't think of that sooner, I don't know! LOL). So, I think what I'm going to do is the week that I'm scheduled to stitch on Angel, I'll start on Monday by doing as much of the border as I can in one evening - whether it's an hour or four hours of stitching. Then I'll stitch on the body of the picture the rest of the week. I'm not sure if that will even it out or not, but I figure it will let me make some progress on the border without tearing my hair out!

So that's it for me today - now I'm on to BoInk.

Oh, and by the way - I already miss the Olympics...and with the start of the Democratic convention, I am grateful for my cable and my DVR so I don't have to watch it! :-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jane said...

How true is that, I found there wasn't a lot on TV to watch while I stitched yesterday!
Look forward to seeing this weeks stitching

Twana said...

Sounds like a good way to work on the border. I've also used the method where the first strand of the stitching session goes into the border. Have a good time Sunday! I won't look for a Monopoly update this weekend. :)

Sharon said...

Looks great!