Sunday, June 21, 2009

Angel of Cross Stitch

Woohoo!!! I'm onto the last page of Angel...well.....not counting the border. I am doing the border the first day each time this comes up in the rotation because it makes me crazy!!!

I found an error (or at least I think it's an error) that wasn't listed on my list of errors. For anyone else who has the pattern, take a look on the lettering on the sampler in the background - I think there's one row where the blue stitch is off by one. I think it was the L, M, N area...seemed like if I stitched it the way it was charted, the letters would have been crooked. (It could have been the U or V area, I don't remember now). Anyway, just a heads up because I know a couple of people were talking about stitching this one.

Yesterday we had a family get together at the lake near my parents house. It's a man made lake that's a membership thing, and they allow non gasoline powered boats on the lake (you can rent the boats you pedal, or sail boats, or little fishing boats with electric motors, or party boats with electric motors). The weather was kind of yucky - cool (cold by Southern California standards!) and cloudy, so it was a shame because the kids couldn't go swimming. But didn't stop the boat riding! The get together was to celebrate Fathers Day and my mom's birthday (which was last Tuesday). It was a lot of fun - and if anyone wants pasta salad, let me know, and I'll download some to you - I have WAY too much left over!! LOL

Thanks for checking out my blog!!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is looking great. I need to get busy with mine again.
~Mary in TX - ILCS

Anonymous said...

You're doing really well with AOXS. Sounds like a nice family get-together.
Robyn in Oz (ILCS)

Gabi said...

Your Angel is looking great. Sounds like you had a fun day. Wishing it was summer here again too....lol.

htimcj said...

AOXS is looking great! Your trip to the lake sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Heidi-ILCS

Nancy M said...

Looks good and I can see why you do the border first! LOL You're getting closer!

Jane said...

How exciting to get to the last page, great progress

Rene la Frog said...

Wonderful progress....looks so good.

Shelley - ILCS said...

AOXS is coming along fantastically!! Keep up the excellent progress.

EvalinaMaria said...

Your AOXS is developing beautifully. It looks really, really good. After seeing your progress I want to dig out my poor AOXS that had become an UFO.

Susan said...

This is a great x stitch and you are doing just great and getting done. Love it.

Ashrei said...

Your Angel is beautiful, Kathy! I have the chart, but haven't begun yet. You are an inspiration to me.

Katrien said...

Looking great!
Katrien - ILCS

Beth said...

Angel looks awesome! She's almost done already! YAY!

Sounds like you had a great time with your family get-together!