Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Start

This is my new project that I started when I finished the heart. I wasn't going to bother to post a picture of it because I didn't think I'd have made enough progress to look like anything. It's just a little piece - it's only a little over 2 inches across and maybe 6 inches tall.

When all is said and done it's going to have quite a few specialty stitches in it - so far there are just some long stitches in the upper left hand corner in the middle of the flowers. And the border is stitched with some overdyed floss from Threadworx in a really pretty turquoise blue.

This is a Sweetheart Tree pattern all revolving around the month of March - my aunt (who is also my Godmother) was born in March and this is her birthday gift for next year.

Thanks for checking it out!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Rene la Frog said...

WOW...that is pretty. I think I'll have to look into those and put some on my wish list. It is much prettier stitched than what the picture on the chart shows.

Jane said...

It looks so pretty already, i am sure it will be gorgeous

5 Foot Runt said...

I love the pattern already. Those flowers look beautiful and the color of the blue thread is to die for. Thank you for telling what it was or I would have e-mailed you to find out,lol. Banishing the frogs until finished.

Pike said...

That is going to be SO pretty! I love the way they combine cross stitch and specialty stitches.

Carissa said...

Looks really pretty Kathy!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW! What a beautiful start!

Carolyn NC said...

I'd say you made great progress! It looks great.

EvalinaMaria said...

It's lovely! I hope I can see some more very soon.

Joy said...

The colors so far are pretty! This looks like it will make a wonderful gift. Keep us posted!

Cindy F. said...

Beautiful start! Can't wait to see this one grow!

Mel said...

Wonderful start.

Shelley - ILCS said...

Love the border color! Look forward to seeing this piece grow.

Cathy said...

I love the colors so far. I will enjoy watching your progress.

htimcj said...

Great start!
Heidi-ILCS