Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Update

Here's my progress on "Stop and Stitch the Flowers". It's a Blue Ribbon Designs pattern, and it's fun to stitch. I've been pretty much stitching one block at a time. I kind of do the green lines until I either finish a box or run out of the piece of floss, then I go back and fill in the blocks that I've finished. The reason for the empty boxes down the center is those overlap two pages of the pattern, and I just hadn't wanted to fool around with making a working copy and taping it together. I had to do that for the fow with the "5" and "6" in it, so I did the vertical ones too, just haven't stitched them yet. Obviously, there is a whole other right hand side to this pattern - it will be 10 boxes by 10 boxes when it's done. I really love all the different flowers all over this. The outer border will actually be wider too - it calls for either four rows of cross stitches or a row of cross stitches, a row of a specialty stitch (can't remember what it's called, but it's two rows wide) and then one more row of cross stitches. I'm going to play with the specialty stitch and see if I like it or not! LOL

Thanks for checking it out! Now it's on to MawMaw's Quilt for the week!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Very nice! I would love to see which specialty stitch you will stitch... I'm sure it will look awesome.

Unknown said...

Very Nice!
heidi-ILCS

Rene la Frog said...

nice progress...looks good so far

Anonymous said...

I love it! Looks wonderful!
Carolyn

Jane said...

It looks great. Lovely being able to do it a box at a time too

Kathy said...

I like this pattern. You are making great progress on it.

Nancy M said...

Very pretty and so bright and summery too! The border sounds lovely!

Carolyn NC said...

Beautiful work! And my favorite is coming up next - I love MawMaw!

Ashrei said...

Lovely work, Kathy! I love samplers! And the snowmen are adorable!

Shelley - ILCS said...

Wow! Very nice progress...this piece is so fun and cheery. Keep up the great stitching.

Cindy F. said...

Oh sweet!! Such pretty progress:)