Sunday, April 11, 2010

Backstitching Difference

This is one side of the dollhouse roof - after I did the backstitching on it. It makes the shingles look like shingles, and the ornate little doodads on the top look more polished. I'm not done with the backstitching on the room yet, but I can see how it makes the wood scallops (or whatever you want to call them) stand out.

Here is a comparable piece of the roof (the other side of the house) without the backstitching. I think it really drives home the point of how the backstitching makes the piece come to life!

Thanks for checking out the pictures.....and for all your comments!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

JessB said...

Backstitching does make such a difference. A major pain in the tuckus, but worth the effort.

WTF Are You Reading said...

I just love the look of the backstitched area on the dollhouse. It really brings out the detail.

Carolyn NC said...

Looks fantastic!

Deigh said...

Great example of the effects of backstitching! It can make such a difference.

Shelley said...

A true labor of love, but it looks so awesome with the backstitching!!

Carol said...

The backstitching certainly does make the detailing pop.

Irene said...

The backstitching definetly makes a difference, it looks washed out without it. Can't wait to see it completedly done.

Deborah said...

Your doll's house is fantastic!!
Wish my own was even a quarter of that much finished!!
You do inspire me to keep stitching away, slow as I am!!
Beautiful!! Beautiful!!

Love and Hugs!!
Deborah

Katrien said...

Looks great

silentsgirl said...

I'm completely with you on the backstitching - I know that when I get to it on the piece I'm working on, the bits and pieces are really going to *pop.*

Cathy said...

Looks great! Backstitching really does make a difference.