Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back from the Framer

I stitched this for a dear friend that we've played bingo with for more than 10 years. Her birthday was back in October, but right before her birthday her father passed away. So, her birthday passed without a bunch of fanfare (as she wanted it) so we bought her a gift card to a restaurant and kept things very subdued. But she's in a little better place now (with the birth of her first grandchild) so even though there's no occasion, I'm giving it to her now. I decided not to mat it because I didn't want it getting too big. We tried frames in every color that's in it, and the red just made the whole thing pop. It's a little set back so that the charms didn't hit the glass. I customized it a little bit by scrambling up the numbers so that her birthdate is included in it. It will be interesting to see if she notices!


And here is the baby birth announcement I did for my great niece. The framer agreed with me that a simple frame and no mat was best - the pink and blue checks make it look already matted (or at least I think they do). The only other frame I might have considered was pink, but they didn't have any pink frames - well, they had one - it was bright pink with glitter all over it! LOL
I'm happy with the way both of them turned out. It's funny, when I look at the picture of the birth announcement, the bottom of it looks a little crooked. I even went and looked at it again - it's not, it must have just been the way I took the picture!
And on a different note - the subject of blog comments came up on one of my stitching boards, and I realized I'm guilty of some bad blog etiquette. I am thrilled when people comment on my blog, but I'm not very good about commenting on other people's blogs. Part of that is because often I feel like all I would be saying is "That's gorgeous", and I feel like that's repetitive. But then I realize I like to hear that about my stuff, so other people probably do to. The other reason is I follow a lot of blogs on google reader. So I often don't even go to the blogs. But I have made a decision to be better about commenting on people's blogs - even if it's just to reinforce other people saying how pretty things are!
So....with that being said - thanks for checking out my blog - and if you have one, and if you post on one of my stitching groups are, odds are I will comment at some point! :-)

15 comments:

Joy said...

I love framers but they're so expensive I have so much that needs to be framed.

They look nice.

Carolyn NC said...

The framed pieces look great, Kathy!

Nessa G. said...

I didn't notice until you wrote it looked crooked! Yes, it must be the way you took the picture, I have done that very thing. The pieces are both so lovely.

Shelley said...

They look awesome. I have never trusted anyone to frame my work. But the piece I am working on now is one that I may have to trust to the framers. Unfortunately my only choices are Aaron Borthers and JoAnns Framing dept.

EvalinaMaria said...

Both pieces look lovely! Congrats on nice finishes!

Vicky L said...

Your framed pieces are gorgeous!

SoCal Debbie said...

I've been reading your posts on the Counted Cross Stitch Yahoo group, but now I'm a new follower to your blog. Great job framing! I think I will finally pay for framing when I finish my big projects. I always used the sticky board before.

Great idea about putting your friend's birthdate in the Bingo numbers!

Emily in NC said...

The red frame really makes the Bingo pop.

Katrien said...

both pieces look great with those frames.

Colette Kingsley said...

I always breathe a sigh of relief when my pieces come back from the framers and they look good : )
Both of them are wonderful! Now you can move on to other projects.

htimcj said...

Great framing job! I hope your friend notices the birthdate in the numbers!
Heidi-ILCS

Anonymous said...

Both of your pictures look great.

Marl

Janet said...

Love the birth announcement. Who is the designer? Janet

Nancy M said...

Both pieces look nice framed. My LNS owner sold her shop and now she works at Hobby Lobby in the framing department! I rarely go there for framing though, but I do have confidence in her work. Did your friend notice the numbers? Glad my post might have made a few fellow bloggers think about commenting. It just hit me the wrong way the way it was stated, "please comment on mine, but I'm too busy to comment on yours!"

chrisstitches said...

adorable sampler & the bingo board. Love them both.