Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lots of Updates

Finally got to give the birth announcement picture to my niece and great-niece. Yep, that's Payton in my arms, and her mommy, my niece Jillian. Jillian was thrilled. Payton on the other hand didn't seem very impressed....although in her defense, it was time for dinner! LOL
This one is my Just Nan - Queen of the Needle. I've had it out for a couple of weeks, but I still seem to be in a stitching slump at home. The progress I've made on this one has been mostly in the last day or two - so I'm hoping that maybe I'm out of the slump now!


And last but not least, my travel project. It's by The Needle's Content and it's called "Spanish Geometric Sampler. It's a four page pattern, and this was when I finished the first page. There is a little "bleed over" as I went onto the next page if I still had some floss left on the needle. I took this a couple of weeks ago.


Finally - after looking at the HAED (Heaven and Earth Designs) website a number of times and not seeing anything I liked, I heard someone talking about a Chicago pattern. So, I had to check it out, and I LOVED it. So I bought a Chicago pattern and a Las Vegas pattern, both by the same designer. His name is Dennis .... something or other! How's that for helpful??? But if you search on Chicago on the HAED website you'll see it, and if you look at that designer and look at "Boulevard of Dreams" you'll find my Vegas one. As much as I would LOVE to start one or both of them, I am telling myself I HAVE to finish something else first! LOL


Thanks for checking out my blog!




15 comments:

Ana Luisa said...

Well done on the baby sampler.
The Spanish sampler is gorgeous, the colours are beauiful.
Have a great day!

Claudette497 said...

The sampler is beautiful, and so is the baby. Can't wait to see the other pieces finished!

Nancy in IL said...

Hi again, Kathy! I think I commented once before on the baby sampler. It's so precious - many hours put in. So glad your niece is thrilled with it!

I looked up Chicago and the Las Vegas HAEDs, and having been to both (and living 3 hrs. from Chicago), love them both.

Funny - I had forgotten I have both Queen of the Needle and Spanish Geometric Sampler in my stash - kitted, no less. Seeing yours makes me want to get started on them but have to wait till other things are finished. Kathy, they're both coming along so well and are inspiring to me.

For Sale Or Trade dannmurray said...

great pieces Kathy. Look forward to your next update.

SoCal Debbie said...

Queen of the Needle is very pretty. The Geometric Sampler looks so detailed - no room for mistakes! I can't wait to watch your progress on the Las Vegas project. Ooohhh, hurry up and start! LoL

Debbie Jo said...

Such beautiful women! The birth announcement is beautiful as well. I hope your stitching magic comes back in a hurry so you will enjoy working on Queen Of the Needle. I loved working on mine and still love looking at it. Your travel project is beautiful also! I will be anxious to see this one done as well. Congrats on all your progress!!

Sari said...

The sampler is coming out quite nicely. I'm a first time visitor but will be a regular follower. :)

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

The baby sampler is so pretty. I'm sure Payton will be love it in few years :)

Deborah said...

Beautiful baby sampler and baby!!
And, beautiful starts. I have generally had to do just about every chart you were doing. You have finally just took on too much for me!! Will be anxious to see how your beauties progress.
Love and Hugs!!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Love the baby sampler and the baby of course, can't wait to see your other piece finished.

Marl

Gabi said...

Great stitching. The baby sampler is looking fantastic. So does your Queen of the Needle

Measi said...

*waves* found you through All Stitchers Lounge. Your progress is lovely! I've never seen that Spanish sampler before. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how that develops. I think I may have Queen of the Needle hiding somewhere in my stash!

Happy stitching!
Melissa

mdgtjulie said...

Hi Kathy. I'm Julie, and I'm new to your blog. I found you through Nancy M. I like your Queen of the Needle. It's beautiful!! Glad you found some HAEDs you liked. I have several of their patterns. Well, okay, more like a dozen, lol. I hope you enjoy yours!!

Shelley said...

So happy to see that your niece loves the piece you made for her daughter. It did turn out fantastic.

Your WIPs look awesome :)

Katrien said...

all your stitching is beautiful.