Sunday, July 3, 2011

Queen of the Needle Update

The lighting on this picture isn't perfect - I took some with a flash and some without. Surprisingly, the ones without flash washed the color out until the fabric looked white (it isn't - it's pink). This one was with the flash, and the colors are a little "truer".

I don't feel like I made a ton of progress this week on this one. I finished the leaves in the row of pink and white flowers, and then I stitched the white flowers and the pink flowers. It's hard to see in the picture (I should have taken a close up of just that row). The white daisy looking flowers have smyrna crosses for the centers and satin stitches for the petals, and the pink flowers are just straight stitches in three different colors - I think there are something like 36 or 40 stitches in each flower. It took a TON of concentration because it wasn't just counting! The next row is pansies.

If you aren't familiar, it's a Just Nan pattern. There's a medallion type thing that goes in the middle of that spot with the top of it being between the two pink flowers in the middle. It's kind of challenging (not in a bad way) in that it requires some concentration on my part because of the specialty stitches. The white lacy stitching on the top was supposed to be pearl cotton, but I gave up because I couldn't get the stupid needle threaded! Sad, but true!

Any, thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

It looks great Kathy. I love the colors in it. They're sooooo pretty!! Keep up the good work!

Gabi said...

Looks fantastic Kathy. And it looks gorgeous even without the perle floss. I stitched mine with the perle (used a larger needle for that) but wasn't that happy with the look anyway. I think yours looks just gorgeous.

Joy said...

Ugh, sometimes it is so hard to get a good picture of your needlework. The flash on my digital camera always used to wash things out. I use the camera on my phone now which doesn't have a flash and things look slightly better. You're making good progress though!

Nancy M said...

Looks pretty and the ST stuff has so much detail!

Shelley said...

It's beautiful!!

SoCal Debbie said...

Very pretty! So nice to stitch on pink fabby! Can't wait to see close-up pics of the flowers.