Sunday, February 3, 2008

One ornament (well half an ornament) down!

Well, here is my first finished ornament - beading and all. The picture is a tad misleading as it's leaning against a red tomato pin cushion...but you get the idea. I am really happy with the way they're turning out. Now I just have to wait for my bead order from Mill Hill Beads. I placed the order yesterday, so we shall see how long they take to get here.

OOPS!!! I've gotten enough questions to know that I blew it by not including WHERE the pattern came from. It's actually from an old issue of Cross Stitching and Country Crafts (I think that's the magazine title) - Jan/Feb 1988. Someone on one of my message boards was looking for the pattern (she had made them way back when, and wanted to make another set), and once someone found her the source I went onto eBay and found the back issue of the magazine. I think I paid about $5.00 for 10 or 12 back issues (plus shipping). Someone else I know found the magazine for 99 cents on eBay.

7 comments:

Nancy M said...

Very pretty! I love beads and using them in any and all patterns if I can! Glad you didn't wait to post until you got the others done.

Rene la Frog said...

That is very pretty....will look beautiful on your tree.

*** said...

Just lovely! Love the color scheme.

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful ornament. Where did you get the pattern?

Ashley (The Euphoric Stitcher) said...

Your ornament is Beautiful!!

Christine H said...

Great job.

Jennifer Blake said...

Kathy, it's looking lovely. I can't wait to see the others.