Friday, July 11, 2008

It's FINISHED!!!!!

It's finished!!! I'm very happy, I finished "Walking to Town". It was the first project I started last fall (I want to say I started it right around Labor Day) but I really only stitched it at work on my lunch hour. And I took a month off between Thanksgiving and Christmas to concentrate on Christmas ornaments.

It's hard to tell in this picture, but the floating dots are beads. As usual, it called for French knots, but I refuse to get aggravated! I substituted clear Mill Hill beads, and they do look nice and sparkly, I must say.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to frame this, make it into a pillow, or what. But it's done, and I'm happy with the way it turned out. Now to figure out a NEW lunch project. I think I'm going to work on "I'd Rather be 50 than Pregnant" for Jodi for her birthday in December. I'm thinking Christmas stuff (gifts, etc) may be my next set of lunch time projects. But....that can always change!

Thanks for looking.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your finish! It's beautiful - and you are so fast! If I would have started it last fall I'd never be able having it finished less than a year later!!! :-) :-)
Looking forward to see a picture of it framed!

Unknown said...

It's fabulous Kathy, well done!

Jane said...

It looks fantastic and beads are a wonderful substitute for french knots

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the finish! It is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Vicky L said...

Congratulations on the finish! I love it. I must do it some day. Good luck on your future projects during your lunch period!

Nancy M said...

Very pretty! I have done a few Dimension kits just because I love the finish but I don't really care for their kits!! They are so pretty when you get done though. The beads are a great substitution for snowflakes, I like it better than the knots!! Great stitching for a lunch project. I try to catch up with emails on my lunch hour!!

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

Congrats on a great finish!! It is a lovely piece :)

zetor said...

That is a fantastic piece of work, well done!!

Twana said...

Oh wow! Only during lunch hours, did you ever eat lunch? It's gorgeous!

Jennifer Blake said...

Congrats on the finish, Kathy. It looks awesome.

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning

Connie B said...

Super great!!